Log In


Reset Password

Water drip caused switchboard fire in family’s Taruheru Cr home

A family in a home in Taruheru Crescent fled their house last night after a small fire started in the home's switchboard after water dripped on to it from a nearby hot water cylinder.

Fire and Emergency NZ sent an appliance to the house at around 10.30pm.

“The people in the house did the right thing once they discovered the fire,” a senior firefighter said.

“They got out of the house straight away and called 111 straight away, which was perfect.”

The fire crew used a CO2 extinguisher to put out the smouldering fire.

“The electrical switchboard was ruined, but that was the extent of the damage.”

File picture