Matakaoa health clinic out of action after switchboard blows
The Matakaoa Community Health clinic in Te Araroa will be out of action for a short while after its electrical switchboard malfunctioned yesterday morning.
The Te Araroa volunteer fire brigade were called to the Paikea Street premises at around 10am.
“The switchboard suddenly blew up, with sparks flying up the wall,” a clinic spokeswoman said.
The fire crew made the situation safe until faults staff arrived.
The clinic has been closed for repairs until further notice.
“We will have an electrician on-site today to assess the situation, and after that we will have a clearer picture of when we will be able to re-open,” the spokeswoman said.
“In the meantime we hope to be able to operate from the former rural health house in Te Araroa.
“People needing health advice should ring the normal number 864 4801, and they will be triaged by our nurse.”