Only if they’re all vaccinated

Letter

Rhythm and Vines . . . I hope for the sake of Tairawhiti that this potential superspreader event will be cancelled.

Of course, if everyone has been vaccinated by the end of November and they all have proof of said vaccination, let it go ahead!

H. Hannam

1. John Porter says:

H. Hannam – you seriously NEED to do your homework!
    If everyone at the event is vaccinated, that’s NOT the end of the problem.
    A Pfizer document describes vaccine “shedding” from person to person – Jon Rappoport — August 7, 2021
    Here is a Pfizer document (PDF), admitting and warning of person-to-person transfer of dangerous vaccine components:
    “A PHASE 1/2/3, PLACEBO-CONTROLLED, RANDOMIZED, OBSERVER-BLIND, DOSE-FINDING STUDY TO EVALUATE THE SAFETY, TOLERABILITY, IMMUNOGENICITY, AND EFFICACY OF SARS-COV-2RNA VACCINE CANDIDATES AGAINST COVID-19 IN HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS,” (see page 67).

If Pfizer insists that certain unvaccinated persons who come into contact with a vaccinated person creates a SAFETY SITUATION that MUST BE REPORTED to Pfizer within 24 hours…
    Would you say that implies…The transfer of vaccine components from person to person can occur?

“Exposure to the study intervention under study during pregnancy or breastfeeding and occupational exposure are reportable to Pfizer Safety within 24 hours of investigator awareness.”
    The “study intervention” means the RNA COVID shot. That’s what the study is FOR—-intervening with a jab. “Hi, I’m your intervener, you’re a volunteer in the clinical trial, and I’m going to hit you in the arm with this needle and inject you.”
    “Exposure” to the shot doesn’t mean injection. It means somebody who hasn’t been injected gets physically close to somebody who has been injected. Or it could mean an un-injected person touches vaccine-liquid from a vial.
    And that un-injected somebody would be a woman who is pregnant or breastfeeding. For example, she could be a lab worker, or a person who is giving the shots.
    If THIS exposure event happens, it’s a safety situation, and it has to be reported within 24 hours.
    A lab worker who is pregnant or breastfeeding gets physically close to a person who has received the vaccine and BANG, it’s serious, and it has to be reported.
    Why? Because, obviously, there is a potential danger to the unborn baby. Or the mother, who is already breastfeeding her baby, could pass this danger to the baby through her breast milk….

Here’s the link. You read the rest:

John
      Your link and comment comes straight from a political reporter not an epidemiologist or virologist or a medical doctor. Therefore I urge readers to view John’s alarmist comment with a healthy dose of scepticism.
      In fact John, I’m hoping that the people who read this thread and who have medical knowledge choose to challenge you rigorously about the quality and purpose of your response.
      In my opinion what you have written here is misinformation. A bit of fact wrapped in a web of scaremongering is how it reads to me. Shame on you!

1. John Porter says:

Lara,
        I am NOT the alarmist here. It is PFIZER that has issued the warning!
        READ my piece AGAIN! Rappoport’s ARTICLE WAS BASED ON “a PFIZER document (PDF), admitting and warning of person-to-person transfer of dangerous vaccine components:” (end of quote)
        What does that tell you?
        Did you READ the PFIZER document? No? You didn’t?
        The link to it was given.
        I think PFIZER qualifies as possessing the medical knowledge that you demand. Don’t you think?

1. Owen says:

Well John, I read the relevant part of the Pfizer document you linked to and I don’t have the same conclusions as you. Disclaimer: I am one of those ‘idiots’ that agree with people talking sense in this thread.

Looks to me like the document outlines a trial for a vaccine about a year ago. Part of that trial is to monitor anything that could indicate possible issues with it and if they occur then a stop is put on the trial. Actual scientists please correct me if I’m wrong here.

As the document says, any contact between a person vaccinated with the trial vaccine and a pregnant woman should be reported and quote “Follow-up is conducted to obtain general information on the pregnancy and its outcome for all EDP reports with an unknown outcome.” Which to me means ‘we want to make sure that there are no possible issues created between a pregnant woman and physical contact with a vaccinated person’. I would call that being extra cautious and, heaven forbid, ‘scientific’!

I guess the equivalent would be when you declare a weather war on someone, surely you have a disclaimer that anyone else that gets hit by lightning should be reported? For statistical purposes. Speaking of which, thanks for the rain this week, the garden is looking great!

1. John Porter says:

Oh boy! Now we’re talking about the weather. Is this relevant?
            I thought this was about a Pfizer vaccine report.
            Owen, you’ve definitely confirmed my comments about idiots.
            Further more, try signing off with your full name. It does say a lot about your character. Or lack of.

[Note to Editor- try not to be too enthusiastic about editing. I don’t crowd this space as much as the trolls. As Lara is wont to say “Shame on you!”]

Kia Ora ano John,
          Of course I read the link. That is why I responded to you with the link to the fact sheet.
          The more misinformation about Covid 19 I read, the more I realise it is going to be imperative for improvements to the teaching of Science from an early age to assist citizens to understand the nature of science.
          Think we will also need to strengthen the teaching around recognising when one is being fed misinformation. So many people seem to be finding it hard to discern fact from fiction.

1. John Porter says:

Lara,
            Have you ever considered the fact that you are just as much a conveyor of misinformation as anyone else? Perhaps worse in some respects.
            I’ve been exposed to much of your rubbish in this medium over the years but I’ve not challenged you.
            That’s now in the past.
            You are badly compromised by your mindless support of the Pakeha govt ‘s Nazi narrative on COVID.
            It won’t be long now before the deception becomes obvious.

Here you are John.
      A fact sheet for you and others in plain language.
      The Covid 19 vaccines DO NOT SHED!

3. John Adams says:

To allow this comment and its misunderstanding of basic science is astounding.

Why would anyone listen to a man with a BA in arts over our doctors and scientists is beyond belief. Keep your comments to your lack of understanding about weather patterns and stop spreading conspiracy theories.

Editor, do not publish this nonsense. You have a duty to help protect this region and this is not doing so.

1. Lloyd Gretton, Auckland says:

Very good reason. A person with an Arts degree should have a mental rigour and skill to absorb knowledge and come up with an educated response. This cannot be guaranteed these days with the takeover of Arts Faculties by SJWs. But the ideal is still there. The last time a medical school in New Zealand brought in Arts papers for its students, the public fell over laughing. The spectre of “whippy buses” with Aucklanders lining up to take a vaccine with presumably the same hygiene standards of ice creams is a good example of a lack of an educated response.

1. John Adams says:

Dear god, are we really equating art degrees with any form of comprehension and learning?

How truly far we have fallen.

2. John Porter says:

John Adams – Your oppressive NAZI methods of attempting to censor or suppress free speech don’t work. All it does is display your ignorance and perverted moral values. You are welcome to continue to expose your obvious anti-social propensity.

1. John Adams says:

Where to even start,

I am not oppressing your free speech (note how you are able to say whatever moronic nonsense you wish (such as calling people Nazi’s). I am however diminishing your social standing and laughing at both your ‘career’ and your academic qualifications (or lack thereof).

If you wish to continue to play the victim then I suggest you summon a little rain over my computer, as otherwise facts will continue to dominate this conversation.

4. H Hannam says:

Hey John Porter , I am pretty sure there won’t be many breastfeeding mums at R&V and most of the shedding will be clothes, but I don’t think it is a great idea to have 15k + out of towners mingling with our locals, It’s to risky with Delta

5. Tony says:

I’m so tired of The Gisborne Herald giving a platform to those expressing absurd, mischievous, non-factual opinion that endangers public health.

2. Dave says:

It was held last year with no problems, if there is no Covid in the community then why should it not go ahead? By the time it happens, all of those who want to be vaccinated will be. I won’t be attending, but I hope it goes ahead. Eventually, we are going to have to live with Covid. I would not mind betting that more people die from obesity disorders than Covid.

1. Doug Smith says:

The deaths from obesity may be worse in no small part due to our excellent public health response. Compare to India, USA GB – most recent deaths of obese folks have been due to covid, along with deaths of millions of non-obese people. Americans’ life expectancy has declined more than 2 years, with the poor hardest hit. Everywhere, ignorant, overconfident numbskulls are complaining when competent leaders refuse to believe in bs or stick their head in the sand. Leadership matters. Thank heavens we haven’t elected too many incompetent bufoons here.
      Here are some firm facts to consider:
      1. The delta variant is a bigger threat than last year.
      2. Vaccines only help if enough people get them.
      3. In many populations with covid in circulation, my vaccine refusal could cause the death of hundreds.
      4. Every day, in privileged countries, so many who refused available vaccines then got sick or infected neighbours, co-workers, friends or family regret having listened to confident bufoons rather than public health experts.
      5. Vaccines only work if taken in advance of infection – no second chance once I am infected.
      6. Covid doesn’t respect my personal opinions or my privileged freedom to be an idiot. In countries led by confident bufoons, it has thrived.
      7. My obesity won’t harm my neighbour’s health a whit, and only an overconfident bufoon would compare it to covid.