Dana’s easy salmon pasta dish
I can’t count the number of times recently I’ve heard us all being encouraged under lockdown to go and get creative in the kitchen. “Now is the time to unleash your inner cooking goddess” . . . and all that jazz. But some of us still have to work full-time and somehow facilitate homeschooling in between. We don’t always have the time to spare to go and get our inner cooking goddess on. So here is my super easy (canned) salmon pasta dish — for a healthy, tasty but also reasonably hassle-free week-night meal.
■ 200g fusilli pasta (or choose another variety — penne pasta also works quite well in this dish)
■ A courgette or two, chopped
■ A few spring onions, finely chopped
■ Large can — or two small cans — of smoked salmon
■ Fresh chives (as much or as little as you like)
■ 1 x lemon, grated
■ A few drops of Tabasco® sauce (if you like a bit of heat to your dishes)
■ Extra virgin olive oil
■ Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan.
3. Fry courgettes. Throw in drained, canned salmon - heat through.
4. Whack in the drained pasta. Mix together well.
5. Finally, add the lemon zest, spring onions, chives, a few drops of Tabasco® sauce and some salt and/or pepper to taste. Serve.
Serves: 2 (increase ingredients as needed for families)
Preparation: Roughly 5 minutes
Cooking: Roughly 15 minutes