Night road works to resume tomorrow
Gisborne District Council contractors will resume its night work road maintenance programme from tomorrow around Gisborne city.
The crews will be working from 6pm to 6am.
“Night works have become a regular feature on the busy city road repair schedule this year,” a council spokesman said.
“The activity offers a safer and more productive work environment for contractors and less disruption for all road users.”
Stop/go traffic management will be in place during these works.
“Letters are being delivered to residents who may experience noise disruption overnight as contractors move through sections of road.”
The work begins tomorrow night in Wellington Street between Gladstone Road and Aberdeen Road, and in Lytton Road between Manuka Street and Parkinson Street, continuing through to October 21.
From Wednesday, October 21, work will be at the Childers and Lytton Road roundabout, and Gladstone Road between Lytton Road and Campion Road until October 22.
• Thursday, October 22, to Wednesday, October 28, Grey Street between Palmerston Rd and Taruheru River
• Wednesday, October 28, Lowe Street between Childers Rd and Gladstone Rd
• Wednesday, October 28, to Friday October 30, Ormond Road between Dalrymple Rd and Ruru Ave
• Friday, October 30, to Monday, November 2, Ormond Road between Esplanade and Fitzherbert St
• Monday, November 2, Childers Road between Grey St and Customhouse St
• Monday, November 2, to Tuesday, November 3, Gladstone Road between Lytton Rd and Stanley Rd
• Tuesday, November 3, to Wednesday, November 4, Stanley Road between Innes St and Awapuni Rd
The works are funded by the Provincial Growth Fund and are weather dependent. Dates are subject to change.