Log In


Reset Password

Man hurt in gas bottle explosion flown to Waikato

A man who suffered burns when a gas bottle exploded at a property in the Te Araroa area on Thursday afternoon has been flown to Waikato Hospital.

The man, aged 31, was transferred to Waikato for more specialist care yesterday.

Another man injured in the incident, also in his 30s, was discharged from Gisborne Hospital.

Both men were flown to hospital by the Trust Tairawhiti rescue helicopter after being tended to by Ruatoria St John staff.