Log In


Reset Password

Cossie evacuated

The Cosmopolitan Club in Grey Street was evacuated late yesterday afternoon after food in a kitchen on the first floor of the complex overheated and set off alarms.

Fire and Emergency NZ sent two appliances to the Cossie at around 5pm.

“Food in an unattended oven in the Boulevard Room on the first floor overheated and smoked out the room,” a senior firefighter said.

“We used a high pressure fan to clear away the smoke, which took about half an hour.”