Tasty, easy . . . and healthy too
Social media star and bestselling author Simone Anderson serves up her favourite recipes in So Delish! It’s packed with delicious, healthy recipes that you will want to whip up every day. Beautifully-styled and photographed, this book shows you that good food can be easy to make and, what’s more, it can be really tasty like these yummy carrot fries . . .
These carrot fries are loaded with all the tastiness of French fries while still having all the health benefits of carrots. They make a great snack on their own or a delicious accompaniment to any meal. When we entertain friends I often make these to serve as a starter before dinner.
3 large carrots, ends removed and peeled
¼ cup finely-grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Yoghurt sauce (see recipe below).
• Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and line an oven tray with baking paper.
• Cut the carrots into long fry-shaped sticks (you should get about 8 per carrot).
• Place the sticks in a large shallow bowl with the Parmesan, garlic powder, olive oil, parsley and seasoning. Toss well to coat the carrot sticks completely.
• Transfer the carrots to the prepared oven tray and drizzle over any extra Parmesan mixture.
• Bake the carrots for 20 minutes until they are soft and the coating is a golden brown.
• Serve the carrot fries hot with the yoghurt sauce.
Time to make: 30 minutes
1 cup of Greek yoghurt
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of chopped mint leaves, plus extra to serve
½ cup of coriander leaves
½ teaspoon of sea salt
½ teaspoon of freshly-ground black pepper
Olive oil spray
• Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.