GD’s marvellous muffins
GD (aka Annette Tyerman or ‘Granny-Dear’) has been making these yummy date and orange muffins for as long as she can recall . . . and that’s a long time when you are 96
1 orange (about 200 gms)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
½ cup milk
100gm butter (melted)
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder (rounded)
1 tsp baking soda (level)
1 cup chopped dates
• Cut orange in small pieces (skin and flesh).
• Put in food processor with sugar and process until fine.
• Add milk, egg and melted butter. Whiz sifted dry ingredients into large bowl and fold together.
• Bake 200 C for 12-14 minutes in greased muffin pan.
• Cut in half and spread with butter while still warm.