Hope for this world and the next

Letter

Good on you Anne for speaking up to the truth of God’s word. It’s very sad that people are so ignorant of what is coming before us.

I thank God that he used a wonderful Maori minister who gave a wonderful message. I had just arrived from England and heard this message of hope for us in this world and the next.

Adam and Eve disobeyed God’s word. He said not to touch or eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, or they would surely die. Because he could not go back on his word, he thought out a plan to redeem us back from the devil. The plan was to bring his only son to be born of a virgin through the holy spirit, to be the saviour of the world, and it happened.

He grew up amongst the people, he was a perfect being, healing the sick with his disciples, was crucified and the spreading of his blood became our redeemer. His name is Jesus and he is our mediator.

If we believe and accept Jesus as our saviour and follow his wonderful teaching, we can be saved from the wrath to come and have eternal life in heaven.

I have been reading my bible for 50 years. I’ve seen it come true, every word. God made this wonderful world for his creation. But he knows we have destroyed it through immorality, drugs, murders, no respect, prisons full, obesity, governments passing their own laws, no discipline for children. That’s the trouble.

But in his word, Jesus will return. He is doing away with this earth and making a new earth for whoever wants to honour his word. The choice is yours.

In his word, choose this day whom you will serve. You are his people, it is his wish. Jesus would not like to see any one of us perish.

I’m glad I took the stand. I know, through faith in Jesus, where I am going with my family. Please don’t miss out. God bless.

Mary Parker

1. Aimee Milne says:

Hi Mary,
    I acknowledge your entitlement to your beliefs. I admire any woman who stands in her own power and speaks her truth. I, however, do not believe in the same things. I am somewhat unsold on the idea of anything after life. I believe in living a full and compassionate life while we are here, which is not long for any of us. No matter what our spiritual beliefs are, if we are good humans we will benefit regardless of which God we choose, or not. There should be no guilt or fear attached to the outcome of our lives. We live, we learn. I think that’s all there is.

Hi Mary,
    Full power to you for espousing your beliefs. I don’t share your views at all but like you, I am entitled to my opinion.
    I was a teensy bit alarmed by one idea in your testimony though.
    You write “Jesus will return. He is doing away with this earth and making a new earth for whoever wants to honour his word. The choice is yours.”

Are you saying that christians really believe the earth will be destroyed and that is fine because some of you can go to some other planet? That’s a scary thought. Scary because you sound like you are hoping for the demise of our planet and all beings residing upon her.
    We live on this perfectly beautiful planet and we all need to do our part to protect it. There is no other planet for us to decamp to and we must be better custodians of Earth. I am sure that your Jesus is not going to magic up another planet.
    Mary, I think it is more likely that earth will merely shake we humans off like a dog shakes off water when we become too much of an ecological burden. Extinction.

1. Tony Lee says:

I’m a bit confused by your description of earth as, “this perfectly beautiful planet.”

Are you able to explain further the perfection that you attribute to the earth? Do you imply that the perfection is achieved through some purposeful design?

Hi Tony
        What I meant by a ‘perfectly beautiful world’ was simply that this planet and the flora and fauna on it make this a perfect and very beautiful place to live. Nothing more.

3. Baz Davies says:

Hi Mary,
    So you think that those that don’t believe in god are ignorant? Your words not mine. Seems to be a mindset that Christians have had throughout history.
    Let’s experiment with some logical thought for a moment.
    Your God is an all powerful, all knowing deity that created everything and devised a plan for mankind. And yet was surprised when Adam and Eve failed the test of obedience by eating the fruit of knowledge. If he is all knowing, and knew the outcome, then he set both Adam and Eve up to fail the test. Even to the point of adding a talking snake to the mix to ensure the outcome.
    The other point is – why would god want to hide knowledge from mankind? Were we designed to be ignorant of all things except his commands? Sounds very much like the design plan of a dictatorship to me.
    Lastly here’s something to ponder.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    – Epicurus

4. Tony Lee says:

Hi there Mary.

Love your certainty and conviction – I realise it must be far beyond rational thought.

I’ve been waiting for one piece of objective, verifiable evidence so that I can buy a ticket and jump on the god train. So far though, nothing has passed the smell test.

5. Jeany says:

I believe in Jesus and He is coming back. Jesus loves us and he willingly gave his life so that we had free will to repent of our sins and not spend an eternity without him after we die. There is hope for you while you’re still here on earth – believe in Jesus as your saviour now and repent! Because hell is real and it’s people’s own sins that send themselves there, not the Father, the Son or Holy Spirit. You choose Heaven or Hell. Free will, your choice.

1. Aimee says:

Hi Jeany. There is no hell. There’s no need to be anxious. The idea of hell was invented to oppress people. Guilt and fear for being human. I’m certainly not worried about going to hell. You really needn’t worry about me or anyone else who doesn’t believe in hell. We’re all good!

2. Tony Lee says:

Hey Jeany, you say Jesus gave up his life? That’s a bit if a stretch, isn’t it. If your story is to be believed, wasn’t his sacrifice less than a long weekend?

6. Nate says:

Mary, like others have said, I respect your right to believe what you want. I also respect the right of others to tell you that your beliefs are simply magical thinking. You decry what you consider to be a fallen world, and troubles in it, yet at the same time seem content to turn a blind eye to the fact that your God (If your bible is true) is the biggest mass murderer in the universe, and per Jesus words about those who are not chosen burning in hell for eternity, the biggest mass torturer as well.

Regarding choice – do we have choice though? I would presume that under your worldview nothing can occur without it being the plan and will of God? If that is the case then we are unable to choose anything that is outside God’s will. Which leaves the rather disconcerting thought that all the people who go to hell do so because it’s part of the plan and will of God. And if they are in hell, but it’s not the will of God, isn’t he therefore impotent? Rather irritating these logical questions and reasonings. Perhaps that’s why the bible exhorts its readers not to lean to their own understanding…least they start having these pesky questions arise I guess.

It seems the choice you give us is accept a human blood sacrifice (essentially blood magic) and worship a being who will find your car keys, but won’t remove child cancer from the world, or burn in hell. Well, with a grand choice like that what are we waiting for?